Campaign for Health Care
CSN and NSC Health Sciences Henderson
Nevada has a healthcare crisis – 48th in the country in the number of nurses per 100,000 people.
Join the College of Southern Nevada and Nevada State College in the solution. This collaboration will increase the number of registered nurses and medical professionals in Nevada.
$3M challenge from the Engelstad Family Foundation + $3M pledges and gifts + $70M from Nevada legislature =
Health Sciences Henderson will serve CSN and NSC students who will be prepared to help you.
The new CSN NSC Health Sciences program in Henderson will:
- The only place in Nevada training Practical Nurses
- Expand the Medical Laboratory Technician program doubling the number of graduates
- Nursing and Medical Assistants programs will be expanded to Henderson and continue on the Charleston campus increasing graduates
- Provide a diverse and bilingual healthcare workforce able to support communities
- Allow students to benefit from CSN and NSC collaboration which will provide seamless transfer from two to four-year programs health sciences programs
- Expand key healthcare programs at CSN and NSC including nursing and medical laboratory technicians
- Meet the growing local need for more nurses and healthcare professionals in Nevada
- Share resources provide students with state of the art simulation labs, classrooms, laboratory space, Emergency Room, labor and delivery rooms
- 70,000 square feet of best in class technology with cutting edge instruction
CSN and NSC are seeking private philanthropic support. The Engelstad Family Foundation has given a $3,000,000 pledge match. Together the colleges are collaboratively raising an additional $3,000,000 to meet the match by June 30, 2019.