The Nursing Program includes both classroom instruction and clinical practice in adult health nursing, family health nursing and mental health nursing. Students are trained to provide care, support and education to patients, monitor the physical and mental status of patients, administer medication, record patient progress and direct licensed practical nurses and nursing assistants.
The program features education in Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to Registered Nurse (RN) and Nursing (RN). The LPN to RN bridge degree awards credits to practical nurses for their practical nursing program courses and Nevada LPN licensure. Students interested in this program must be a graduate of an approved practical nursing program, and be currently licensed as a practical nurse in Nevada. Successful graduates are eligible to take the national licensing examination to become professional nurses in Nevada. The nursing (RN) degree coursework prepares students to care for the sick, injured and dying in addition to promoting healthy living. Graduates of this program are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) for state licensure.
RNs work in a variety of health care settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, home health, community agencies, wellness centers, clinics and drug centers.
ATTENTION: The Nursing Department has reinstated the Associate Degree Nursing Extended Track program. Please contact the Nursing Department at (702) 651-5986 if you have questions or require clarification.
A Skills Certificate in Nursing Assistant is available. This is not a limited entry program. A Health Programs Orientation, meeting with a Health Programs Advisor, and attending a Limited Entry Workshop is not required.
- Nursing (RN) Advising Sheet - Extended Track - Spring
- Nursing (RN) Advising Sheet - Regular Track - Spring
- Nursing (RN) Advising Sheet – Regular Track – Fall
- Nursing (RN) Advising Sheet – Extended Track – Fall
- LPN to RN Bridge Advising Sheet - Spring
- LPN to RN Bridge Advising Sheet - Fall
- LPN to RN Bridge Career Guide - Spring
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) 2017
- Additional Program Information & Forms
- Nursing Program Guidelines