Paramedic Medicine Program
Our program features the only associate degree in paramedic medicine in southern Nevada that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). With advanced lab space, simulators and mannequins, students learn in a state-of-the-art, case-based environment that prepares them for actual patient care by emulating real world settings. Most of our faculty still work in pre-hospital capacities and actively maintain certification and licensure, including three faculty members designated as Master EMS Instructors.
Potential careers for graduates include emergency medical technicians, paramedics and instructors.
NOTE: While required for the Paramedic Medicine degree and certificate, limited entry application for admission and health programs orientation is NOT required for the EMT Skills Certificates. However, students enrolled in the program must show proof of the following:
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR certification
- Health insurance
- Drug and alcohol screening will be required prior to the 3rd week of class
- Proof of a negative two-step TB skin test within the last 365 days
- A physical exam may also be required
- Immunizations: Hepatitis B, MMR (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella), Varicella, and Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis) and annual influenza shot