Scholarship Requirements for Nevada Promise New Applicants
CSN Priority Deadlines
After you apply for the Nevada Promise Scholarship, meeting the Priority Deadlines allows you to get a head start on completing your Nevada Promise requirements and to be eligible for additional programming. We suggest that you meet the following deadlines for the next academic year.
- Apply to CSN on or before October 31, 2019.
- Please review CSN First Steps to better understand the process.
- Complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or before December 31, 2019.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credits applicable to an eligible program of study for fall 2020 on or before July 1, 2020.
- Fall enrollment opens in May 2020 & fall classes begin August 2020.
Applicants must complete the following steps to qualify for the Nevada Promise Scholarship:
**The deadlines listed below are tentative dates pending final approval form the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) and may be subject to change.
- Submit your Nevada Promise Scholarship Application on or before October 31, 2019.
- Make sure your contact information and CCSD Student ID Number is correct to avoid missing essential communications about your application.
- If you are enrolled in a CSN Dual Enrollment Program, please provide your NSHE ID number at the time of application.
- An acknowledgment email will be sent verifying successful completion of your application, please save this email for your records.
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement email, check your spam folder. If issues persist, contact the Promise Office at 702.651.7500.
- Apply to the College of Southern Nevada (CSN).
- Complete CSN First Steps which include Orientation, Placement Testing, and Academic Advising:
- Complete the online New Student Orientation through your MyCSN account to learn more about next steps.
- Submit official SAT or ACT test scores, or take CSN placement tests.
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss your academic plan and your fall semester schedule.
- Declare a program of study and register for at least 12 credits that are applicable to the program for the fall 2020 semester.
- Complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or before March 1, 2020.
- If not eligible to complete FAFSA, fill out an acknowledgement form, which will be available soon.
- Upon completion of the FAFSA, follow up with the financial aid office to determine if any additional documentation must be submitted. If selected for verification, required documents may include tax transcripts which must be obtained from the IRS or other official documents. If required to submit additional documentation, this process must be completed on or before June 1, 2020.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to file the FAFSA and follow up as early as possible so there is sufficient time to meet this requirement.
- Questions about the FAFSA and verification process must be directed to the CSN Financial Aid Office.
- Complete a mandatory training on or before March 1, 2020.
- The mandatory training will take place during the spring semester. Additional details will be provided soon.
- Complete and submit eight hours of community service on or before June 1, 2020.
- The Nevada Promise Community Service page will be made available soon.
- Participate in one mentor activity on or before June 1, 2020.
- The Nevada Promise Mentoring page will be made available soon.