Scholarship Requirements for Nevada Promise New Applicants
Applicants must complete the following steps to qualify for the Nevada Promise Scholarship:
- Submit your Nevada Promise Scholarship Application on or before October 31, 2019.
- Make sure your contact information and CCSD Student ID Number is correct to avoid missing essential communications about your application.
- If you are enrolled in a CSN Dual Enrollment Program, please provide your NSHE ID number at the time of application.
- An acknowledgment email will be sent verifying successful completion of your application, please save this email for your records.
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement email, check your spam folder. If issues persist, contact the Promise Office at 702.651.7500.
- Apply to the College of Southern Nevada (CSN).
- Participate in a mandatory training by the assigned deadline. More information about deadlines and requirements will be available soon.
- Complete and submit the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and follow up with the financial aid office to determine any additional documentation that must be submitted. Required documents may include tax transcripts which must be obtained from the IRS or other official documents. Applicants are strongly encouraged to file the FAFSA and follow up as early as possible so there is sufficient time to meet this requirement. More information about deadlines and requirements will be available soon.
- Complete and submit eight hours of community service by the assigned deadline. More information about deadlines and requirements will be available soon.
- Participate in one mentor activity by the assigned deadline. More information about the deadlines and submission requirements will provided soon.
- Complete CSN enrollment steps:
- Complete the online New Student Orientation through your MyCSN account to learn more about next steps.
- Submit official SAT or ACT test scores, or take CSN placement tests.
- Meet with an academic advisor to discuss your academic plan and your fall semester schedule.
- Complete the CSN enrollment process, declare a program of study and register for at least 12 credits that are applicable to the program for the fall 2020 semester.