Promise Recipients – Class of 2019
CSN Priority Deadlines
Priority Deadlines are suggested to help maintain eligibility for the Nevada Promise Scholarship.
- Complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or before December 31, 2019.
- Maintain enrollment in at least 12 credits that are applicable to an eligible program of study for spring 2020 and fall 2020.
- Spring enrollment begins November 2019 & spring classes begin January 2020.
- Fall enrollment opens in May 2020 & fall classes begin August 2020.
Recipients must complete the following steps to renew the Nevada Promise Scholarship for the 2020-21 academic year:
**The deadlines listed below are tentative dates currently pending final approval form the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) and may be subject to change.
- Complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or before March 1, 2020.
- Follow up with the CSN Financial Aid Office at 702.651.4303 to determine if additional documentation is needed.
- After completing the FAFSA, if selected for an additional verification process, this must be completed on or before June 1, 2020.
- Contact the CSN Financial Aid Office to determine if additional documentation is needed.
- Complete and submit 16 hours of community service (Eight hours per fall and spring semester).
- Eight hours of community service completed between June 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 must be submitted on or before January 1, 2020.
- Eight hours of community service complete between January 1, 2020 and May 31, 2020 must be submitted on or before June 1, 2020.
- Complete and report two mentor meetings, one meeting in fall 2019 and one meeting in spring 2020.
- Complete one mentor meeting between June 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 and submit the mentor meeting form on or before January 1, 2020.
- Complete one mentor meeting between January 1, 2020 and May 31, 2020 and submit the mentor meeting form on or before June 1, 2020.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credits per semester (fall and spring) that are applicable to a program of study.
- Recipients must first meet with an Academic Advisor before changing their major or registering for the next semester to ensure that the changes will not affect their financial aid eligibility.
- Recipients must maintain enrollment in a Degree/Certificate Seeking (DCS) academic program. Declaration of Major changes can take seven to ten business days to process.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) every semester.