Promise Recipients – Class of 2019
CSN Priority Deadlines
Meeting the Priority Deadlines allows you to get a head start on completing your Nevada Promise requirements. We suggest that you meet the following deadlines for the next academic year.
- Complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or before December 31, 2019.
- Maintain enrollment in at least 12 credits that are applicable to an eligible program of study for spring 2020 and fall 2020.
- Spring enrollment begins November 2019 & spring classes begin January 2020.
- Fall enrollment opens in May 2020 & fall classes begin August 2020.
Recipients must complete the following steps to renew the Nevada Promise Scholarship for the 2020-21 academic year:
**The deadlines listed below are tentative dates currently pending final approval form the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) and may be subject to change.
- Complete the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on or before March 1, 2020.
- Upon completion of the FAFSA, follow up with the financial aid office to determine if any additional documentation must be submitted. If selected for verification, required documents may include tax transcripts which must be obtained from the IRS or other official documents. If required to submit additional documentation, this process must be completed on or before June 1, 2020.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to file the FAFSA and follow up as early as possible so there is sufficient time to meet this requirement.
- Questions about the FAFSA and verification process must be directed to the CSN Financial Aid Office.
- Complete and submit 16 hours of community service. The applicant must submit eight hours for fall 2019 and eight hours for spring 2020.
- Eight hours of community service completed between June 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 must be submitted on or before December 31, 2019.
- Eight hours of community service complete between January 1, 2020 and May 31, 2020 must be submitted on or before June 1, 2020.
- Complete and report a minimum of two mentor meetings, one meeting in fall 2019 and one meeting in spring 2020.
- Complete one mentor meeting between June 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 and submit the mentor meeting form on or before December 21, 2019.
- Complete one mentor meeting between January 1, 2020 and May 31, 2020 and submit the mentor meeting form on or before June 1, 2020.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credits per semester (fall and spring) that are applicable to a program of study.
- Applicants planning to change their major must first meet with an academic advisor to ensure that the proposed changes will not affect their financial aid eligibility.
- Applicants must select a Degree/Certificate Seeking (DCS) academic program to remain eligible. Declaration of Major changes can take seven to 10 business days to process.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress every semester. To read more about the Satisfactory Academic Policy please click here, SAP.