This page has been optimized for use with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. The electronic form is not compatible with Google Chrome.

What is Reverse Transfer?
Students who have earned 15 or more credits at CSN and have transferred to a four-year institution without an associate’s degree may “reverse transfer” the earned credits from the four-year institution to complete an associate’s degree. This process makes it possible for students to earn an associate’s degree as they continue to work toward completing their bachelor's degree.

The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) reverse transfer agreement allows former students who earned 15 or more credits at CSN and transferred to Nevada State College (NSC), the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), or the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) without completing their degree to earn their Associate of Arts (AA), Business (AB), Science (AS), or General Studies (AGS) from CSN while taking courses at one of these four-year institutions.

Why is an Associate’s Degree important?
An Associate’s degree is an important marketable academic achievement added to your resume and is valued by employers. The completion of an associate’s degree is also the first step to achieving academic success and is recognized by transfer, graduate and professional institutions.  The associate degree can make a difference in your long-term success:

•It can provide better job opportunities while completing your bachelor’s degree

•It is the nation’s fastest growing work credential; employers recognize its value when recruiting and hiring

•Students who earn an associate degree are more likely to complete their bachelor’s degree

•There is no risk to you – even though you are applying the hours you have earned at your four-year institution toward an associate degree at CSN, your hours earned at your four-year institution can still apply appropriately toward your undergraduate degree. Some students can get discouraged after they transfer to a four-year institution and see more years ahead of them.  If they are awarded their associate degree while completing their bachelor’s degree, the accomplishment of this helps them stay motivated and on tract to a four-year degree

•Statistics from recent work in this area show retention rates improve by 10% for those students who receive an associate degree through reverse transfer once they are at a four-year institution.


Check out the Reverse Transfer Frequently Asked Questions at the bottom of this page

In order to determine if you are eligible for an Associate’s Degree from the College of Southern Nevada, please complete one or both of the following two steps:

      1. Complete and submit the Electronic Reverse Transfer Agreement Release Form. Click the school listed below to submit an Electronic Request.

a. Nevada State College - Reverse Transfer

b. University of Nevada - Las Vegas: Reverse Transfer

c. University Nevada - Reno: Reverse Transfer

d. Other Institutions:
As a former CSN student you may still qualify for reverse transfer if you attended an institution outside of Nevada. However, you will need to request your transcripts be sent from the institution outside of Nevada to CSN. There may be a cost associated with the transcript request imposed by your institution.

Please remember, in order to qualify for a reverse transfer degree you must have completed a minimum of 15 credits at CSN and approximately 60 additional credits at the Institution outside of Nevada. The request can take up to 8 weeks for evaluation. You will be notified of degree confirmation or denial. Not all reverse transfer applicants will be awarded degrees. Your reverse transfer degree request will be evaluated for degree confirmation.

     2. For submitting a paper request; complete the Reverse Transfer Agreement Release form and Request Your Official Transcript be sent to:

          College of Southern Nevada
          Reverse Transfer Office
          3200 E. Cheyenne Ave.
          N. Las Vegas, NV 89030

For additional questions check out the Frequently Asked Questions page or email the Reverse Transfer Office.