Spirit of CSN Award
2019-2020 Spirit of CSN Award Recipients
CSN President, Dr. Federico Zaragoza and the CSN Foundation Board of Trustees are pleased to announce the 2019-2020 Spirit of CSN award recipients.
- Phi Theta Kappa Research & Membership Recruitment Project - $7,500
- CSN Lead, Bruno Rhodes, Arts & Letters, English, Phi Theta Kappa Advisor
- To engage CSN Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) students in informed action and grow as scholars and leaders. Increase the number of CSN PTK members.
- TRIO Student Life Hack - $10,000
- CSN Lead: Nicholas Goodsell, Director, TRIO Student Support Services
- To provide low-income, first generation CSN students with textbooks, school equipment and supplies
- CSN Alumni Tutor Program - $10,000
- CSN Lead: Pete Lanagan, Interim Dean, Sciences and Math
- Engage, recruit and hire CSN alumni to tutor current CSN students in STEM courses including Chemistry, Physics, Math and Biology
- CSN North Las Vegas Library Furniture - $10,000
- CSN Lead: Caprice Roberson, Director, CSN Libraries
- To update and provide a comfortable, modern, safe academic space and services to CSN students
We would like to thank CSN faculty, staff and students who served on the Spirit of CSN Awards. Their thoughtful review and consideration are greatly appreciated.
- Bob Bonora, Chair, Fine Arts
- Barbara Burgess, Administrative Faculty
- Cheryl Feldmeier, OTS
- Bradford Glover, Student Affairs
- Richard Hinckley, Office of General Counsel
- Marcus Johnson, Dean
- John Min, Instructor, Social Sciences
- Natalie Nelson, Student Affairs
- Terry Norris, On Line Learning
- Andrew Sierra, ASCSN President
Spirit of CSN Award - $5,000-$10,000
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) Foundation Board of Trustees invite faculty and staff to apply for a Spirit of CSN award. The purpose of this award is to support CSN’s commitment to Students First and selection will be based on work that supports student-centered projects during the 2019-2020 year. Funding for this grant is made possible through the generous support of CSN employees and community donors. Questions? Please contact Barbara Talisman, CFRE, Executive Director, CSN Foundation or call 702.651.7535. If you are interested in the STEM Innovation and Impact Fund opportunity, please visit STEM at CSN.
Application deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019 5:00pm PST via email
Awards announced: May 13, 2019 Awards Distributed: May 30, 2019
Maximum award: $10,000
Applicants may request a minimum of $5000 to a maximum of $10,000. Final award amount is at the discretion of the committee.
Spend time frame: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
Priority consideration will be given to projects, programs, or activities that support the following focus areas, based on CSN’s vision and commitment to students’ success; Students First, graduate, complete, transfer and prosper.
- Exceptional Learning Environments, created to increase student success by integrating career and liberal arts education to shape well-rounded, engaged citizens, employees, and community leaders.
- Developing Solution-Oriented Strategies to help students overcome barriers to educational access that result in increased student success outcomes.
- A Culture of Accountability in which we use data-informed decision making to promote student success and is supported by stakeholders, individuals, and customers.
- A Collegial Work Environment where students are first and makes CSN the "employer of choice" for an exceptional workforce that is engaged in and accountable for the quality of CSN's learning environment, and that benefits from excellent support, growth opportunities, and competitive total compensation packages.
- Quality Community Partnerships that provide resources and educational opportunities to accelerate “marketable skill” certificates aligned to career pathways that address critical employer skill gaps.
- Cultural and Academic Initiatives that promote cultural diversity and an appreciation of the arts, sciences, and humanities, contributing to the richness of our multicultural community.